Transportation: Getting To and Around Mobile
Mobile is located along the beautiful Gulf Coast and is Alabama’s only seaport. Getting here is as easy as it gets from I-65 N/S or I-10 E/W. The road to the beach runs through us. This year our district III Engaged Encounter Convention will be held in The Historic Admiral Hotel, located in the heart of our beautiful downtown. We hope to see y’all soon!
If you mode of transportation is flying then there are several options that you may want to consider:
- Mobile Regional Airport is located approximately 30-40 minutes west of the downtown area. For more information, please visit http://www.mobairport.com
- Pensacola International Airport is located 56 miles west of Mobile and offers a convenient and scenic drive via I-10. For more information, please visit http://www.flypensacola.com
- Rental cars, Uber, taxis, and limousines are also available to help with transportation. If special assistance is needed, please email so that we can help with any particular needs at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the hotel, much of downtown Mobile is accessible by foot.
Wave Transit is the city’s mass transit bus system, offering service throughout the area.
In addition to Lyft and Uber, traditional metered taxis are also available
• Reliable Taxi Service – 251-295-1284 ($2.50 Drop, $2.04/Mile)
• Allied Taxicabs – 251-366-7084 ($2.50 Drop, $2.04/Mile, standard hotel to airport available on website)
• Yellow Cab of Mobile – 251-476-7711 ($2.50 1st 1/6 of a mile/.34 per 1/6 mile, $.50 for each person beyond 2)
From East: From I-10 West take Exit 27 onto US-90 W/US-98 W/Government Street. Travel through Bankhead tunnel and drive four city blocks to hotel. Hotel is on the left at the intersection of Government Street and Joachim Street.
From West: From I-10 East take Exit 26A Canal St. Exit. Exit onto Canal Street and stay in middle lane to ramp light. Follow signs for South Jackson Street to Government Street and veer left at fork in road at Jackson Street and Conception Street. Continue to the intersection of Government Street and Jackson Street. At the light turn right onto Government Street, hotel will be 100 feet on your right.
From North: From I-65 south take Exit 9 – I-165 south toward Prichard/Downtown Mobile. Continue on I-165 south to Water Street. Continue on Water Street to the intersection of Government Street. Turn right onto Government Street and travel 6 blocks. Hotel is on the left at the intersection of Government Street and Joachim Street.
From Pensacola Airport: From Pensacola Airport, head east on Airport Blvd and follow signs to I-110 north. Use left lane to merge onto I-110 north. From I-110 north merge onto I-10 west toward Mobile. See “From East” section above for remainder of directions.
From Mobile Airport: From Mobile Regional Airport, follow signs to Airport Boulevard. From light turn left onto Airport Boulevard and follow signs until you reach I-65 south. Merge onto I-65 south and use left lanes to exit 0. Merge onto I-10 east toward Florida. See “From West” section above for remainder of directions.
Parking at Mobile County Parking Garage
Self-park: $10/day for hotel guests, $14/day for commuters
Additional Parking: Free Parking available on weekends around the hotel area and surrounding streets. Please note that you park at your own risk.